[Area Supply Chain Manager]**
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
ROLE PURPOSE: Under the direct supervision of the Area Representative, the Area Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet, assets and facility contracting and maintenance aspects of Somaliland Area Programme. As an integral member of the Area Management Team, the Area Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day logistics support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.
Duration: 12 Months
*KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:*
- Responsible for implementation of the Area Supply Chain Strategy within the area office
- Contribute to development of the Country Supply Chain Strategy
- Remain aware of the evolving security situation, adapting logistics activities accordingly and ensuring new emergencies in the area of operations are effectively supported.
- Ensure that all procurements within Somaliland are conducted in an efficient and transparent manner, in line with procurement policy & scheme of delegation of Save the Children Somalia /Somaliland.
- Participate in procurement planning and ensure that all procurement plans are in place, and are correctly filled, considering correct categorisation and pricing
- Work with Programme Managers to ensure that both local and international procurements request are placed in line with the procurement plans and in a timely manner
- Monitor performance of procurement teams as well as suppliers and ensure that measures are in place to deal with delays and non-performance.
- Ensure that Framework Agreements are developed for local procurements in the Area Office.
Inventories and Stock Management
- Ensure that all procured materials are properly stored and recorded and that all warehouse policies within the region conform to SCI policies and procedures.
- Perform regular checks to ensure that the movement of inventories to or from the warehouses is accurately documented; authorised and necessary paper work is done as per procedure.
- Ensure that warehouse staff record movement of supplies in Total Inventory Management (TIM) and that the data in TIM matches with the with physical stock balances
- Plan for and supervise monthly stock inventories and ensure that effective stock keeping system is in place.
- Analyze programme storage needs and ensure that adequate and appropriate and warehousing facilities is secured
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of programme supplies as well as Gift in Kind that come through the SCI warehouse(s).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
- professional certification in Supply Chain Management
- Progressive 3-5 years of experience in handling logistics in an INGO.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have strong reporting and communication skills and excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Experience in procurement, fleet management including vehicles maintenance, servicing & repairs
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.