CAMP COORDINATION & CAMP MANAGEMENT DATABASE ASSISTANT - HARGEISA
HR DepartmentPosition: Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Database Assistant
Department: Project Implementation_Unit.
Direct hierarchy: CCCM Senior Officer.
Contract duration: Fixed
Starting date:** January 2019
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Database Assistant position in Hargeisa.
II. Position Profile
ACTED's CCCM Database Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM Database Assistant will lead with all information management tools that are created at site level, will spearhead assessments at site level and will be responsible for ensuring that all database required information is updated regularly.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by CCCM Senior Officer, Area Coordinator and Technical Coordinator such as but not limited to:
a. Lead in carrying out site level assessments and organize data so that it can be shared externally
b. Lead in making sure information management tools are updated regularly
c. Assisting in all aspects of the creation and monitoring of camp committees
d. Assisting in carrying out assessments and surveys within the site
e. Orienting incentivized labour hired from within the camp
f. Managing CCCM teams database and information management tools updating data daily
g. Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
h. Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
i. Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
j. Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
Any other tasks as requested by ACTED`s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Completion of university degree in database, humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree
· Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
· Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
· Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
· Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
· Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
· Commitment to promoting gender equality.
· Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
· Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
· Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
· Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
· Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
· Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
· Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
How to apply:
I. Application Procedure:
Qualified Kenya/Somalia persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to email@example.com and received on or before 11th December 2018 with the subject line "CCCM Database Assistant- Hargeisa". Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.