Director of REALM
Director of REALM
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Director of Policy, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (PEARL) will be the senior lead in determining and generating evidence for the country office's research, policy and learning agenda. Using operational and empirical approaches to research and evaluation, the Director will deep dive into programmes and their relationship with community dynamics to determine and document impact at individual, community and structural levels. He/She will extract learning to increase innovativeness and inform policy especially within the humanitarian and development sectors to deepen the impact of our work on children's lives. He/She will establish linkages with funding and academic institutions and position the Somalia/Somaliland Country Office as a thought leader and influencer around our breakthroughs in child survival, development and protection. The Director PEARL will also oversee monitoring of programmes for quality and mainstreaming learning into projects.
Contract Duration: 2 years
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· 10 plus years expertise and doctoral level academic competence: credibility and influence (externally and internally) through depth and breadth of expertise; the ability to give professional support and direction to others; seek, review and apply best practice from elsewhere.
· Intellect, creativity and judgement: original ideas; creative approach; sound judgement, encourage ideas, initiative and innovation in others;
· Personal effectiveness/self-management: time, pressure, flexibility, adaptability, commitment to own development;
· Leadership and vision: clear vision; ability to secure commitment to vision; initiate and manage change; to earn credibility; to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; integrity and fairness;
· Considerable proven experience in undertaking and leading the production of policy, research and evaluation outputs in similar organisations (Save the Children)
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience of designing and managing high level researches and evaluations
· Extensive experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/ principles framework
· Proven track record of policy influencing with partners, government and civil societies/key stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce and disseminate research and evaluation outputs to variety of audiences using effective approaches
· Strong inter-organisational skill such as networking including donors, negotiation and communication.
· Willing and able to travel time to Somalia/Somaliland to support field teams as security permits
· High level of fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
· Commitment to Save the Children International values.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=emVuYS41OTE1NC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbm...