Project Manager -Hargeisa
Area of Operation:
Starting in June 2018, one year with the possibility of extension.
FCA is Finland`s biggest development and humanitarian co-operation organization and the second biggest organization working in Humanitarian aid. FCA operates in 15 countries in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and is specialized in three thematic priority areas: the Right to Peace (R2P), Right to Livelihood (R2L) and Right to Quality Education (R2QE). Since 2008, FCA works mainly in Somaliland, Puntland and South-Central Somalia. Thereby, FCA together with local partners is mainly supporting and empowering local peace efforts and initiatives through the Peace Building Initiative.
Primary purpose of the position:
Fully manage the "Increased Social-Economic Resilience for youth and women in Somaliland, Marodi Jeex Region" and humanitarian ACT Appeal.
· Be responsible for the overall project management, including planning, budgeting, implementing, developing, monitoring and reporting (internal and external)
· Ensure the technical and financial quality of the project and compliance with FCA, ACT Alliance and donor guidelines
· Oversee the monitoring activities together with M&E Manager
· Participate actively and engage in coordination meetings relevant to the program
· Liaise with donors` representatives, local and federal authorities and other project stakeholders
· Provide skills, guidance, and knowledge to the project staff
· Capacity building of partner organisations and institutions
· Contribute to the planning and developing of FCA`s "Right to Livelihood" Programm, including new project ideas
· Actively engage and provide information to HO communication unit
· Any other duties assigned by her supervisor
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
· University degree in development studies, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, business administration, international relations, or similar field Minimum of 5 years working experience in development aid
· Min. of 7 years working experience
· Strong project management skills
· Relevant experience in fragile context in management level
· Strong knowledge and proven working experience in livelihood in both humanitarian and development aid
· Good knowledge of Somalia
· Leadership and teamwork skills
· Fluent English (oral and written)
· Well implemented project, further development of FCAs Right to Livelihood Program
Please note that the closing time is 23:59 pm local time.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Email or Paper applications will not be considered.
How to apply:
Please apply by using the link no later than on 21st of May 2018. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.