Title HIMS Officer - Somali National Only
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Under the general guidance of FPPAC Project Manager, the HMIS officer will take the overall responsibility of the day-to-day implementation of the HMIS components in FPPAC project activities in the Karkaar districts - by leading coordination of information management activities with the MOH staffs at the health facilities and working closely with the district health management team. Organise M&E activities and assist in the management of monitoring information, in order to support the delivery of high quality, effective FPPAC services
Contract Duration: 11 Months
Qualifications and Experience
· Commitment to and understanding of merlin / Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
· Experience in Ministry of Health information system management at all health care levels (district hospital, referral health centre, health centre and primary health unit)
· University degree in nursing, social sciences/Statistics/Computer Science/another relevant field, or equivalent experience.
· Training in monitoring and Evaluation on health.
· Three or more years' experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
· Strong organisational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
· Strong interpersonal and community mobilisation skills.
· Highly motivated, and flexible.
· Excellent computer skills particularly in Access, SPSS, EPI Info and Excel
· Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
Demonstrated understanding of primary health care and M&E in humanitarian programmes
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description please visit our please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW1pbmEuNzU1MDYuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW...