CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia/Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement. We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position of Project Manager based in Burao with frequent travel to Mudug and Galgadud regions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing, reporting and monitoring cash related activities funded by USAID FFP. The Project Manager will collaborate with the field Nutrition, WASH, Health and Protection team.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Direct and oversee the implementation of Cash transfers in Somaliland, with frequent travels to Mudug and Galgadud regions
· Monitor and assess overall progress on achievement of results, including access, and usage of cash by beneficiaries
· Ensure monthly price monitoring for all project target regions is done and analysis of the same shared with the key staff
· Direct the work of the Program Officers, providing closer supervision, and performance appraisals.
· Ensure beneficiary documents are up to update, collect quality photographs, case studies and other verification related documents
· Maintain effective FFP project monitoring reporting and evaluation in collaboration with M&E Specialist, Humanitarian Program Manager, Humanitarian Team Leader as well as the Program Development Officer
· Submit timely and accurate, program reports that meet the donor requirements.
· Ensure project activities meet the USAID rules and regulations.
· Work with the procurement and finance team to ensure timely disbursement of cash to beneficiaries
· Closely work with other program sectors (WASH, Nutrition, Health, protection) to ensure delivery of integrated CARE drought response package
· Represent the Humanitarian Program Manager in the Somaliland Cash working Group (when required)
· Maintain strong relations with communities, local administration and other partners to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project activities and beneficiary selection processes
· Make regular visits to project field sites, providing staff support, addressing programmatic challenges
· Monitor the changing food security situation and emerging humanitarian issues in the project areas
· Actively contribute to rapid food security assessment in the project areas
· University degree preferable in social sciences or related field is required
· Minimum of five years` related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated management experience
· Experience in project implementation as well as strong managerial and operational leadership
· Experience in managing USG funding
· Experience in food sector is preferred
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to cope with stress and work under pressure.
· Previous experience working with food assistance programs
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Ability and willingness to travel to different regions or areas as requested. Ability to network and build relationships with government, communities, and humanitarian partners
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2018. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.