Media Monitoring officer-(Open to Somali Nationals only)
About Farsight Africa
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations` and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight is recruiting a media monitoring officer whose role will be to implement all international media mapping and monitoring and ensure that the outputs of those activities are delivered and rendered useful to the other organizational functions.
Prepare and distribute twice-daily press digests which will highlight coverage responsive to agreed keywords in print, radio and TV sources and shared with the Client.
Liaise closely with other media monitoring officers.
Developing and managing the corporate social media strategy.
Manages and develops brand style guidelines for internal and external use.
Oversees all company social media accounts management
Develops engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
Monitors and develops reports on competitor activity within social media spaces.
Analyses social media campaigns with tracking systems to gather visitor data and determine efficacy and areas for social media campaign improvement.
Monitor the news output of all major International TV, radio stations print and social media sites.
Assist the business development department in desk research and preparation of briefs.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
· Fluency in both SOMALI & ENGLISH both written and oral is a MUST.
· Degree in Media Studies/Journalism/International Relations or other related field.
· Female candidates proficient in Somali language are encouraged to apply
· He/she should demonstrate working experience in working with media and ability to multi-task concurrent assignments
· At least 3 years` experience working in a media environment
· Experience of analysis and report writing
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, to deliver reports and documents; candidates familiar with Somali language will have an added advantage
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office tools
How to apply:
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV ONLY in one PDF or Microsoft Word document. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to email@example.com with the job position subject line "Media Monitoring Officer by 20th April, 2018.