Finance & Administration Officer, Somali Nationals Only
MAG Somalia Job Description
Finance & Administration Officer
Hargeisa (with occasional travel to other programme areas)
21st March 2018
MAG`s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG`s Mission: MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
Overview of role:
The Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance & Support Services Manager, with all financial and administrative matters related to the MAG Somalia/Somaliland programme
· Full check of payment requests of any type and timely release of payments
· Record all financial transactions within the MAG cash and bank books ensuring that transactions are recorded in line with MAG Chart of Accounts
· Ensure that day-to-day transactions comply with MAG and donor policies and procedures, including ensuring compliance with MAG procurement procedures.
· Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order.
· Prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly reconciliations of cash and bank balances
· Maintain a schedule of regular and contractual payments and ensure that these payments are monitored, follow up and reconcile cash advances given to MAG employees
· Assist the FSSM in ensuring MAG complies with all statutory payments requirements and deductions
· Assist in preparing balance sheet reconciliations for the MAG Somalia/Somaliland Programme
· Draft formal letters and documents in Somali/English for administrative purposes
· Collect, review and file all MAG Somalia timesheets and on a monthly basis
· Assist in managing travel and immigration matters for MAG staff in the country and other MAG staff visiting the country; such as visas, permits, booking and amending flight reservations, booking hotels, coordinating transport arrangements etc.
· Ensure MAG visitors receive proper induction and security protocols during their stay in the country.
· Ensure MAG contractors receive administration support as required while in the MAG office.
· Ensure the Hargeisa guest house is properly managed and well-maintained.
· Maintain office/cleaning supplies and coordinating any necessary maintenance as tasked
· Work with Logistics Officer to ensure the office is well supplied with stationery and other essential office materials
· Providing general administrative support to the Management Team as required
· Ensure proper and up to date filing systems are in place and maintained (paper and electronic).
· Prepare monthly calculation of MAG Somalia/Somaliland payroll for review and authorisation
· Process salary payments to staff
· Responsible for managing income tax payments, and liaising with the relevant authorities on this matter
All MAG staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
· Work within the framework of MAG`s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
· Work towards achieving programme and/or department business plan objectives
· Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all MAG policies and procedures including but not limited to the Policy on Personal Conduct, Dignity and Work and Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
· Undertake any other duties as may be required.
· Minimum graduate level or proven extensive work training in relevant fields.
· At least three years previous experience in a finance and administration role
· Previous NGO experience will be an asset.
· Experience processing payroll and management of cash flow
· Good communication skills and pleasant personality
· Procedural and legal knowledge on various administrative and finance functions
· Organised, able to multitask and manage a busy workload
· Computer literacy and experience with software under Windows system and familiar with e-mail and internet system
· Able to work efficiently and meet deadlines
· Ability to work with a minimum supervision, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure, initiative with a high level of motivation.
· Reliable with good time keeping
· Attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritise work.
· Excellent written and spoken English & Somali
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their cover letters and CV (including 3 references) to HR.SOM@maginternational.org by 21st March 2018