Performance Management Consultant
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries - from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America - we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Under the Leadership of the Leadership of the new President and Prime Minister, the Federal Government has set a new tempo for the conduct of government business. Beginning with the formation of the new Cabinet, the government has committed to a new way of doing business. Line Ministers have now committed to a new result oriented approach underpinned by the development of 90- day action plans and performance contracts signed with the Prime Minister rolling out reform to "˜prime` the government machinery for the implementation of the National Development Plan. This reform effort with require that a capable and competent civil service is in place that is able to either implement or oversee the implementation of the activities, projects and programmes in the NDP. A strong center of government endowed with a solid coordination arrangement within the executive, with parliament and the general public, a Performance Management System that clearly assigns roles and responsibilities and monitors progress against key deliverables, and a communication machinery to effectively communicate with the general public, development actors, and development partners.
Based on the current administration`s slogan "Nabad & Nolal" initiatives, in achieving the target, the Office of the Prime Minister is looking forward for a potential candidate who will be responsible for developing, planning, Managing, coordinating and implementing OPM-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) and quality improvement planning and implementing the staff performance management framework that enables the OPM demonstrate that it is making arrangements to secure continuous improvement and drive a culture of performance with effective delivery for the national agendas.In that regard, the OPM is looking for a national Perfomance Management Consultant who will be based in the OPM.
This post is responsible for leading on the OPM approach to the Development of a performance management framework/system and policy that focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with priority in shaping for accurate delivery, below are the co-roles of the candidate
The main objective of this assignment is to support the establishment and implementation of a performance management system for the government that delivers results.The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out the following specific tasks:
Develop/articulate best performance management system in order to establish clear work competencies by classification or role.
Oversee the effective implementation, assessment and reporting on government performance through following the directed policies and procedures.
Provide policy advice on the top priority areas for the government that Pursuant to the OPM`s Code of Ordinances, rules and regulations.
Facilitate/support delivery of Ministerial Key Results Areas.
Participates in a national network of performance improvement, sharing best practices, tools and materials while participating in ongoing communication activities and capacity-Injection project under OPM. Searches out best performance and quality improvement practices, making the OPM aware of them and suggesting areas where they could be implemented.
To support the implementation of new policies or strategies throughout the OPM alongside with other Government agencies.
To undertake any other reasonable duty commensurate with the post as may be requested by the OPM.
Establishes a continuous performance and quality improvement effort and monitoring and reporting system. Regularly reports the status of performance and quality improvement efforts and impacts.
Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the OPM system.
Initiation of detailed annual action-plan that provides the implementation of long and short range plans for the OPM that leads and implementation of various strategies and actions in the OPM.
To produce clear and comprehensible reports and presentations for Overview and OPM Scrutiny Committee, Cabinet and other stakeholders as required.
To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging issues and good practice to inform future policy development and best practice and to provide support, advice and guidance to OPM and partners on implementation of this good practice.
An inception report defining the approach, methodology and timelines for the execution of this assignment
A performance management system that is operational.
The consultant will be reporting to the Capacity Development-Program Manager
: Master's degree in Public Management/Political Science, MBA or another specialty related to the post and 7 or more years of experience in Public Management, Planning or Public Policy Development..
: Minimum of 7 years of demonstrable relevant Management Consultancy experience.
: Minimum of 7 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Mogadishu, Somalia is an advantage.
: Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
Qualifications and Experience
· Master's degree in public management/Political science, MBA or another specialty related to the post and 7 or more years of experience in public management, planning or public policy development.
· Experience in Performance Improvement Management and Quality is desirable.
· Has Knowledge on public management functions and Essential Public Services, public organizations and programs;
· Has skilled in communicating effectively, facilitating group processes and training staff
· Has experience in preparing policy analysis, including interpreting statistics and evaluating research studies
Good in preparing comprehensive reports related to public Management, government performance issues
Demonstrate planning, designing and evaluating public program initiatives;
· Has proven skills adapting and applying Government Performance Management and Quality Improvement in a public policy settings
Has the ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with government and public, practices, partnerships, and programs within the community.
Specific experience in carrying out the tasks described in this TOR;
· Demonstrates formulation of Policies, operations, and processes at the local, state, and national levels.
· Has deep understanding in Federal, state, and restrictions, laws, and ordinances in the Federal government of Somalia context.
Demonstrates commitment to OUR CLIENT`s mission, vision and values.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations;
Planning and organizing
· Effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner;
· Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work;
· Ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent activities.
Teamwork and respect for diversity
· Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Leadership and Self-Management
Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
English is the working language for this assignment.
· Knowledge of Somali is a must.
Other relevant information:
The consultant will work under the supervision of the Permanent Secretary or his designate; the OUR CLIENT CD Programme Manager, and the CD-SIP Team Leader. All outputs must be completed, discussed and agreed with OUR CLIENT prior to the finalization of the assignment. The consultant will need his or her own laptop.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should create a profile and apply on CTG Global careers website (click here). Please refer to the vacancy number: VAC-1045. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.